Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8 - 14 Days of Love - The Amazing Dominique Eastwick.

Today, our guest is the amazing Dominique Eastwick, and I kid you not...this lady is amazing!  She discusses how first love can be forgotten because of the wonderful memories created by true love.  How strong our current relationship is now seems to determine our focus on the past…I know it has for me.  How about you? 

Dominique is the winner of the LRC Best of Series for 2011 for her Sherman series.  She shares an excerpt from another of her series with us today and also offers up a winner copy of Hunting JC, another of her books that has received great reviews! So make sure to leave your comment to get entered into the drawing. 

Enough of me, here’s our guest for today, the amazing Dominique Eastwick!!


One would think figuring out what and who their first love was would be easy. I am discovering not so much. I know the boy I shared my first kiss wasn’t my first love, but which of my boyfriends was. Why so hard? 

I think the answer is simple to the extreme; I have been happily married to my husband for 16 years. We have been together for 21 in March. So after over half my life with one man I am finding it hard to summon up what feelings I ever had for the other men/boys in my life. If you had asked me 20 years ago I am sure my answer to who was my first love would be different then it is now. I would have said any number of names. But now the only one that comes to mind. When the words ‘My’ and ‘Love’ are in a sentence is my husbands. 

It’s not always been easy. I make him as crazy as he makes me. But there are moments, like last night when he slept snoring beside me on the sofa while I watched TV that none of that mattered. He makes me laugh, he protects me and heaven help you if you make me cry. He pushes me to be better, and yells at me when I don’t spend enough time with him. Really what is there to complain about when a man wants your full attention and love?

He has blessed me with two wonderful boys and does selfless things just to see me smile.  

So I guess the answer to my first love would be the same as my only love and the man I love now, my husband. Marty. 

I am giving away one copy of Hunting JC to a lucky winner today J

 You can learn more about my books at


Blurb For The Wiccan Haus series Shifting Hearts

Sometimes it takes losing everything to find the one thing you need.

The last of his kind…

Rekkus is the last of the great Black Tiger weres and he is happy to stay that way. Working as security for the Wiccan Haus, a magical spa for inner healing, he has enough danger – and women – to keep him busy. Unfortunately, the Fates are not content with him being comfortable.

Alone and discouraged…

Dana has walked away from all she has known, her fiancé, family, apartment, and job. Now, having a ticket to the Wiccan Haus may be the only way she can move on. But what she finds isn’t what she expects, nor is it what she thought she was looking for.

Meet the unusual residents of the Wiccan Haus. The staff can get a little hairy and not all of the guests eat what’s served in the dining hall. But the proprietors always do what they can to make the resort into a place of healing and peace, using all of their years of practice. At the Haus, where humans and Paras reside side-by-side, everyone in need of the Rowan siblings’ services are welcome.

WELCOME TO THE WICCAN HAUS.

Excerpt

Rekkus paced in the shallow water. He ran his hand through his hair in a show of frustration. Just as her nerves didn’t think they could take anymore, he said, “Why are you here?”

“Myron told me to come here.”

He stopped pacing glared in the direction of where Myron would be then began to pace again. “Damn her. I spent all day avoiding you and she sends you right to me. You need to leave now.”

“Why?”

“It’s not safe for you here with me. I left you alone last night; if you stay I am not sure I can honor that request a second time.”

“I felt it too,” she blurted out, unable to keep it to herself any longer.

He moved so fast she never saw him actually take a step. All of a sudden she was wrapped in his wet arms, her breast pressed against his chest, making her now damp shirt cling to her body. His eyes searched hers. He must have seen what he was looking for, the desire she felt. Before she could form another thought, his lips were on hers in a feverous need. Demanding she open for him, and no part of her thought for a second to deny him anything. Butterflies churned in her stomach making her shake. She had never felt this; this fire that threatened to engulf her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his wet hair and deepened the kiss. His moan was all she needed to gather the nerve and strength to push him forward. She knew what he wanted. Knew what he most desired, because she wanted it to. She wanted him, all of him, every naked inch, right here, next to this lake not a ten minute walk from the Haus. Anyone could stumble across them and she didn’t care. It almost added to the allure of everything. What she needed it to be.

Something more than she ever knew she needed. He was pushing her past her comfort zone forcing her to accept there was a sexy seductress screaming to be let out.







11 comments:

Dominique Eastwick said...

Thank you for having me Lizzie :)

Author Kara Griffin said...

Awesome excerpt. Can't wait to read it, Dominique. Sexy hero, oh yeah. And I can relate to your post about first kiss/loves. I hardly remember who I kissed when after being married for almost 23 years. Oh gosh, I'm showing my age...

Ann Montclair said...

Fun post! Your hero is uber-hot. :)

Sloane Taylor said...

Dominique, you wrote a beautiful tribute to your husband. He's a lucky man to be with a woman who loves him so much.

Great excerpt! And I love, Love, LOVE the cover!

Shonna said...

Yummy excerpt! Rekkus and your cover made me have a hot flash, and I’m sure it’s not one of my hormonal menopause spells. LOL! 21 years all together with the same person, that is something to be very proud of (and precious).
fshasm@cableone.net

Connie Kline said...

Dominique- How did you know my life story? lol I have been with my husband for 20 years, have two amazing sons--see you know me so well. =)
Loved the excerpt! Can't wait to read it.
twoklineboys1@netzero.net

Rhea Rhodan said...

Well, that explains your talent for romance. Now, about that copy of Hunting JC? Pick me! Pick me!

Leigh Daley/Arley Cole/me said...

Sigh. That is so sweet and so true! Congrats on finding "the one." Meanwhile, I'd love a copy of anything of yours!!!! Love Rekkus!!!

squiresj said...

I would love to win your book and review it for you. I have only had one love in my life - my husband - and we have been married 32 1/2 years.
jrs362 at hotmail dot com

squiresj said...

Guess I am suppose to comment on both blogs.
jrs362 at hotmail dot com

Bette said...

Dominique - you are so lucky! I love how romantic you are and how you so love your hubby. So it IS possible! Can't wait to read your book. Musa is so lucky to have you!