Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Starts a Week of Thankful

This Monday kicks off a week of celebration here in America, Thanksgiving week.  Granted, we should be thankful every day; this time of year brings home the focus of grateful. 

Our week of thanks actually started Saturday when three of our granddarlings came for a sleepover.  Ranging from Teen to Toddler, the interest levels are varied, but the one thing they have in common is all three think the Nana and PopPop are cool.  The teen informed me on a short shopping outing with just the two of us, that we are fun because we don’t want to just sit around.  She’s grateful for grandparents that like to do things, watch fun movies or talk about books…imagine that! 

Later is week, we’ll have a gathering of the local clan and friends.  Daughter and SIL will host the gang and we’ll overeat, laugh a lot, referee kid disputes and be exhausted at the end of the day.  But we do this every year and it builds memories, some of which my adult children share with their darlings from their younger years, and that’s what makes it all worthwhile. 

Here’s a few of the things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving and every day. 

My husband -  A man who makes my life so much easier through his support and encouragement of my dreams.   

My children -  All four have grown in to adults I’m proud to say “they’re mine” when I have opportunities to introduce them.

My granddarlings -  Eight of the little delights ranging from teens to toddler.  All of them loving and caring, but still kids who can drive you crazy at times.

My friends -  I’m blessed to have people in my life that have been around a lot of years, who I can depend on to listen and have my back.  It’s a two-way street because they are that important to me.

 My career -  Yes, this year brought a setback with the publisher that had most of my work, but I’m going to use that as motivation to produce better work.  The out of contract novellas I’m going to rework the ones that time has given me insight on making into better books.  I’m very grateful to be in an era where one can self-publish.  I’m also blessed to have publishers step forward and offer a home to any I want to send their way.

And my fans -  I’m blessed to have made new friends through my writing.  There have been several who have read my books and written to tell me how much they enjoyed them.  Through our exchanges, a friendship has developed.  In addition to cherishing my old friends, I love to make new ones.

Now it’s your turn to answer my question.   What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for my husband and his relentless support and love. For my children and grandchildren and pray that life in this country gets better for them and I am especially thankful for having the chance to write my book and all the wonderful support and feedback from family and friends! And let me not forget the home my husband and I share with my children and grandchildren in these hard times!