Friday, September 30, 2011

Early Wakeups Can Inspire

Love waking up at ungodly hours, don’t you? In this case 2am was the magic number and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Sure, I could have got up and plundered around the house with the cat, but instead decided to let my mind wander. It turned out to be a good thing…oh the creative juices that flow in the wee hours of the morning.

See, my editor pointed out a plot hole big enough to drive a truck through. Don’t ask why I didn’t see it; let’s just say it’s been a long summer/fall with some things that happened. Anyway, the point is I think the inspiration for the fix came to me as I tossed around and the wheels of my mind kicked into gear. So, there goes yesterday’s effort and today I’m going with the new idea.

Now I’m off to write several new scenes and cut (yes, I’m going to slash away) other unneeded words that don’t fit the newly discovered fixes. This leads to an appreciation of the early wakeups that inspire vs. the ones filled with worries.

Here’s to a great weekend for all of us…productive for me (which leads to a happy editor). Hope yours is filled with fun stuff!

2 comments:

Melisse Aires said...

I do get inspiration and fixes to plot issues early in the morning. Sometimes it is almost like lucid dreaming, though i have found that some of that thought is a little too far out and has to be tweaked.

Lizzie said...

LOL...most of my ideas have to be tweaked, Melisse. But am still grateful when they come!