Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cat Johnson Delights us Today!

Let's give a big welcome to the delightful Cat Johnson!


Hello everyone!
September has proven to be a busy, busy month in my little corner of the world. I started the month with a live reading of a scene from my bull rider book, Unridden, to a full house at Lady Jane’s Salon, held the first Monday of every month at Manhattan’s Madame X lounge. I’ve just returned, and am still unpacking all the great promo I got to bring home, from the Authors After Dark Romance Convention held in Secaucus, New Jersey. And at the end of this month I’m traveling to Connecticut for a full weekend of professional bull riding competitions when the PBR is at the Mohegan Sun Arena where I will likely be, you guessed it, handing out promo for my bull riding books! Once a promo ‘ho, always a promo ‘ho I guess.

Speaking of promo, myself and a few other authors got together and handed out recipe books. I of course contributed a recipe to go with my Unridden, which I would love to share with you here. AND as a thank you to all those who stopped by here at the blog today and left a comment, I’ll have Lizzie choose one lucky commenter at random to receive the full recipe booklet from me by snail mail!

Enjoy this recipe for Cowboy Corn Salad. It couldn’t be easier to make and it tastes so good! I list canned corn but if you’ve got some cooked ears left over from dinner, just cut the kernels off and use those.

Thank you, Lizzie, for the invite!
Cat

CAT JOHNSON’S COWBOY CORN SALAD

1 can corn (drained)
1 pint grape tomotoes
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 green pepper (diced)
Juice of one fresh lime
2 TB olive oil
Salt/Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and serve room temperature.



Blurb for UNRIDDEN
http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/unridden


When country boys meet a city girl, everyone is in for a wild ride.
Studs in Spurs, Book 1
Slade Bower and Mustang Jackson are living the high life on the professional bull-riding circuit. The prize money is big, the bulls are rank and the women are willing. But something is missing.
For Slade, waking up in a different city with a different woman each morning is holding less and less appeal. Even Mustang’s creative attempts to shake things up don’t help. Then along comes a big-city author who’s like nothing they’ve ever encountered. Something about her makes Slade sit up and take notice—and Mustang is always up for anything.
Romance writer Jenna Block has a problem—her agent thinks a cowboy book will jump-start her career. A born New Yorker, Jenna doesn’t do cowboys, not on paper, and definitely not in real life. Luckily for her there are two cowboys ready, willing and able to take her out of her comfort zone in every way that counts…and some ways she hadn’t counted on.
Warning: This story contains two hot cowboys, one very lucky woman, hot ménage sex and lots of bull.

BIO

As an award-winning author of contemporary erotic romance in genres including military, cowboy, ménage and paranormal, Cat Johnson uses her computer so much she wore the letters off the keyboard within a year. She is known for her creative marketing and research practices. Consequently, Cat owns an entire collection of camouflage shoes and cowboy boots for book signings and a fair number of her consultants wear combat or cowboy boots for a living. In her real life, she’s been a marketing manager, professional harpist, bartender, tour guide, radio show host, Junior League president, sponsor of a bull riding rodeo cowboy, wife and avid animal lover.
To learn more about Cat, please visit ...www.catjohnson.net

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty Cat! Thanks for sharing. :)

Lizzie said...

Going to try your salad Cat. Have tons of tomatoes to use and this will be something different.

susan said...

I tried your salad and now it's one of my favorites. I sure would love to win your book being offered..it would give me more to do this winter since I retired and have time on my hands. susan Leech

Unknown said...

OMG Cat, it's me Zina - you know- seawitch6464. I canna believe you're going to be here in CT. I actually live about 20 miles from Mohegan and was thinking of going to see the PBR there. I'd invite you to saty here but my house is still under kitchen construction so we just have little trails though stuff, the hotel there is much nicer. Is the cowboy you're sponsering going to be riding?
How is Mike??I believe he's your go to cowboy,right? I loved Unridden, I wanted my own Slade and Mustang and I liked how the story ended, Mustang can be a real gentleman, and I'm getting ready to read Bucked, canna wait. Anyway I'll offer my services to you to help pass out your promo bling/swag if you like. BTW did you ask your riders you sponser to come donate a few minutes when you're distributing your promo bling?, if they're there anyway.
Let me know and thanks for the recipe.
Zina

Tracie said...

Your Cowboy Corn Salad sounds much like a "salsa" we used to make to eat with tortillas chips. We added some tequila and cilantro and it was delish. Looking forward to trying your salad.

Unknown said...

Dang it I went to my email the PBR sent and I thought you meant the end of OCT. at Mohegan but it's at the begining and I'll be at Fevercon in Atlanta, bummer, I was looking forward to seeing the bulls and the riders. So I wouldna be able to help you after all, and that's a real bummer.
Zina

SiNn said...

that salad sounds awesome and ur books well u know how great they are awesome post!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by and saying such kind things and I am thrilled those of you who tried the salad liked it.

Zina-sadly, my cowboys (yes, plural now since Alvin Morris has joined Mike on my bull riding team) are both amateurs and not PBR and are both in Oklahoma, so no, they won't be with me in CT. LOL And no worries about lodging for me for the weekend. I found a lovely hotel nearby with a free hot breakfast and WiFI so you can't beat that!

I'll get with Lizzie and see about picking a winner for the recipe booklet then we'll get the lucky winner's snail mail so I can send it out!

Thanks again, all!
Cat