Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recipe Wednesday (on Thrusday)

Got so caught up yesterday in the current WIP I spaced putting up a recipe. This is one I created last week when I decided I wanted to do something different with 1/4 head of cabbage. We like sweet/tangy food and so put on my thinking cap and came up with this.

Sweet & Tangy Cabbage

1/2 med. onion
1 small apple (I used Delicious and left on peel)
1 TBS Olive oil
1/4 Head Cabbage
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste

Place chopped onion and apple into skillet with olive oil. Saute about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.

Chop cabbage into bite size pieces and add to pan with water (about 1/2 cup) and cover. Steam for another five minutes, remove lid and add vinegar. Stir until most of liquid has evaporated.

Served this with sweet potato and pistachio crusted flounder.

No comments: