Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Number 10 on the Top 10 List


My Top 10 has changed a number of times over the past couple of weeks, but I’m finally came up with a list, at least for now. Of course, as I travel more there will be other changes. It's hard after traveling to 50+ countries because so many captivated.

Number 10 is Victoria, British Columbia. There is a lot of Canada and I’ve been fortunate to have visited several areas, but city of Victoria on Vancouver Island is a favorite. Pulling into the dock on the fairy from Washington State is fun and beautiful. One sees an adventure ahead.
 

Walking along the path winding along the water, there are flowers to enjoy, the great architecture of the old buildings and entertainment by buskers.
 

If you’re in the mood for tea, the Fairmont Empress is good, though not inexpensive. Plus, you need to make reservations, usually well in advance.
 
 The pictures I used are from the internet because it has been so long since I’ve been there that mine are buried in boxes in the basement, but the beauty is still etched in my mind.
 
What are some of your favorite travel destinations?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Canada. One day....
Love the blog Lizzie and intrigued to see what no 1-9 destinations are.
Susan

Sloane Taylor said...

Love taking vacations with you vicariously.:) Never been to BC, but I hope to some day.

Vonnie said...

Lovely. Have only been to the Vancouver area (one of those ubiquitous cruises) but everything is so clean and green and big and open. Oh, I tell a lie - went on the Rocky Mountaineer. What a ride! It was supposed to be the first week of summer but snow lay right up to the train tracks. Fabulous. (We never see snow and I know you're all sick of it).

Lizzie said...

Canada is a beautiful country, Susan. Everything from seashore to mountains and lots of distance between the seashores :)

Lizzie said...

Hang on to your hat, Sloane. We're going to a lot of places in the world!

Lizzie said...

When I was in Vancouver, Vonnie we went to a park, think it was Stanley Park. Anyway, a swan took a dislike to me and chased me around. Amazed I don't hate the big birds after that incident, but still they are beautiful...but at a distance!

Anonymous said...

I love Victoria! It's such a beautiful city. And the Empress is one of the most gorgeous hotels I've ever been in.

Haven't been there for a few years so I'm due back to see the city, tour the vineyards on the island, sit by the water. Perfect.

Unknown said...

Wow, Lizzie. I love your travel posts. I think you need to expand to a top 50 list! Cheers!

Lizzie said...

So true, Jenna. We both need to get back for a visit!!

Lizzie said...

I may need to expand, Sara. Fingers crossed I hit a few new countries this year which I'm sure will change things...LOL.

Sharon Ledwith said...

Hey, Lizzie - I'm rather partial to Canada! Go figure. But I've never been any farther west than Saskatchewan. Would love to go to BC at some point. Thanks for taking us there in photos! Cheers!

Lizzie said...

You'll love it Sharon!