Monday, September 8, 2014

A View to a Kill and Shoes


My husband is a big James Bond fan, so last night when asked me to watch A View to a Kill with him…AGAIN, I did. Having seen this one (and the other Bond movies numerous times) there wasn’t a huge need to focus on the plot. This led to me focusing on other things like Tanya Roberts, the Bond Girl’s, shoes.
I become fixated with how those shoes stayed on while she dangled in an elevator shaft, ran through a mine, climbed up and down scaffolding; even when she was picked up and pulled into the Zorn blimp.

Now we aren’t talking about sneakers or even a pair of flats. NO! Try stilettoes. Yep, the chick wears a pair of pencil thin heels that added at least four or five inches to her height. Still, no matter how tuff the going got, those bloody shoes never fell off.
How?

Glue? Double-sided tape? Or were they so small and tight the wardrobe department had to use a wedge to get them on her feet? And how did they get her out of them for the shower scene with JB at the end…or did they?
Those questions led me to thinking about other movies where realistic isn’t part of the plot, and yes, most of the Bond films fall into that category, especially the earlier ones. Come to think of it, so do a lot of films in the 50’s, 60’s and beyond.

 


So, today’s question:  What films come to mind that little things, like shoes, grab your attention and you become fixated on?

10 comments:

Sam Cheever said...

LOL, I always wonder about these kinds of things too. How the hell do they run in those things?

Lizzie said...

I know, right! And how does someone swim in water that has a tower shooting electric sparks everywhere and not feel the 'shock'...LOL

Susan Lodge said...

It's usually the hair that fascinates me. I wish I could find the secret to all weather all action proof hair.

Lizzie said...

You're right, Susan. Now that I think of it, she went through all that fun and not a hair out of place! Amazing!

Sloane Taylor said...

The heroine's clothes. Always perfect, the little while she has them on, and never a wrinkle. Obviously they're not from my wardrobe. lol

Vonnie said...

I bet they use several identical pairs of shoes. Wouldn't be surprised if double-sided tape comes into it.

Since Daniel became Bond, I've trashed the previous ones. He's a tad more believable - tough with a soft center and a not-so-good past - but some of those plot holes and escapes are just as unbelievable as the earlier ones. I used to hate those 'funny' one-liners because you could practically see them coming.

Andy said...

And, of course, her make-up. Through wind and sleet and snow and rain, etc., not a smudge, smear, fleck, or scrape.

Drag queens I knew used Aqua Net to set both their hair and their make-up. That's gotta be it.

Lizzie said...

I know, Sloane. Mine don't even come off the ironing board that perfect!!

Lizzie said...

Probably true on all the shoes, Vonnie. And at least double-sided tape has to come into play. No way could they stay without something!

And yes, Daniel does bring a bit of an edge to Bond. Though I'm still pissed they killed off Judy's M.

Lizzie said...

I didn't know that Andy. Something to keep in mind for the future when I need my makeup to hold up the event happenings. Thanks for the tip.