Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Author Julie Ramsey Shares!


Today new author, Julie Ramsey, has stopped by to share about her first book.
Let's start with you telling us a little about yourself?

 My name is Julie Ramsey. I am a blogger, new author, reviewer, and in my paying job a Respiratory Therapist. I have a soft spot for Paranormal Romance but read almost every genre of fiction. I live in southern Michigan with my husband, son, 3 dogs and 2 birds.
Newest release?
 My 1st release is The Wild Bone: The White Alpha of Monroe it came out on February 13th. It is currently on Amazon and Smashwords.

What can we expect from your stories, action, drama, romance, sex, blood and guts?
 Lots of action, some romance, a little hot sex and a great story

Do you have a favorite character in your stories? Who? and Why?
 Since I only have 1 book out, I would say Sally. Sally goes through a lot in this story. Lots of new info from her past but she gets Tony. That is a good trade off.

How about your least favorite characters? What makes them less appealing to you?
 Alex he is a jerk. But I love him in this book.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series.
 We have no idea what will come of Sally and her half breed status. The town of Monroe that I use is the actual town I live in. I use real places for fake events and people.

Has there been any one to inspire your writing?
JR Ward, Suzanne Wright, Christine Feehan, Katie Macalister just to name a few.

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
 Read it; let others know maybe even leave a review

Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
 Keep at it. You can do anything you truly set your mind to 

Do you have a favorite author? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
Like above there are a lot who have inspired me...My favorite would be Christine Feehan for her Dark series and JR Ward for her Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Can you remember one of the first things you wrote? What makes it memorable?
 Actually I wrote small things as a kid but the 1st actual book was a kid’s book my son and I wrote Hiccup and Mooney. It will hopefully be out within the next 2 months under the name J.J. Ramsey (Julie and James).

Do you have any other interesting hobbies, pets or stories you would like to share?
We just lost one of out furry babies and are getting a new one very soon but we usually have 3 dogs, 2 birds. Others things I do...back in school working toward my BA, I work full time and go to my son's swimming events. Then in my spare time I write.

Favorite places to travel or visit?
 Anywhere with my family. I have family in Austin, so Austin.

And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:

Bio:

Hello my fellow readers, reviewers and authors. My name is Julie Ramsey. My 1st Novella was just released on feb 13th 2014. The Wild Bone: The White Alpha of Monroe is something I had always wanted to do. I have been a reviewer for years and run a successful review site called Julies Book Review (juliesbookreview.blogspot.com).  As a reviewer I love books of almost every genre. My soft spot has always been paranormal romance. Some of the authors that have influenced me over the years, Christine Feehan, JR Ward, Suzanne Wright, Carrie Ann Ryan, and Katie MacAlister just to name a few. I am currently back in school working toward my BA. It was in a creative writing class that Sally and the Monroe pack came to me. I couldn't use the piece for class but I set it aside and came back to it. The paper then became The Wild Bone: The White Alpha of Monroe.  I have had lots of good reviews so far and I am excited about the possibilities this book brings. For the future I am working on book 2. I am hoping to have it out with in the next couple of months. Also I have 2 kids books that should be out this year as well under the name J.J. Ramsey. So please let people know about The Wild Bone: The White Alpha of Monroe. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Thanks
Julie Ramsey

 Blurb:   When Sally's mother dies, she is left with no family. Her two best friends Hector and Cathy decide to take her out to the new bar in town, The Wild Bone, to get her out of the house. The night doesn't turn out how they imagine. Sally's mother kept a secret that is about to come to light. The secret holds the trio's future. 2 men both werewolves are about to change Sally's life forever. One will be her future and bring out what has been hidden from her. One wants to steal her future to gain the power of the Monroe pack. Will Sally and her friends survive the turmoil to come? 


Check out the YouTube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plNXAgQnVo

Excerpt: 

       The night was so peaceful. The breeze was cool on my skin. I sat on the little porch and sipped my tea. I had sweats and a sleeveless t-shirt on, relaxing, looking into the stars. I almost missed the shadow by my neighbor’s house.  I kept a bat by me just in case, when I was outside for protection. I am inexperienced in relationships, but I knew how to defend myself. So I set my tea down and pick up my bat, and snuck around the house. I was going to find out who was watching me. Bat up high, I peak around the corner. I don’t see anyone. Oh, I know I saw a shadow. My bat is still held high as I walk around to the front. That is when someone taps me on the shoulder. “OH MY GOSH”I scream, and I swing the bat. I hit somebody. No way was it a person. Whatever I hit, it went down like a ton of bricks and my arms were reverberating. It felt like I hit a steel pole. I look at the ground and sure as heck, it is the tattooed man. You…..What the heck are you doing sneaking around here, I could have killed you.

 He groaned, “I doubt that, but I am going to have a heck of a headache. You know that is twice now you have hit me.” He was on the ground and smiling up at me.

Thanks for sharing with us today, Julie.

Thanks for hosting me. It has been fun.

Julie Ramsey

No comments: