Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Musings - A Blah Kind of Day

I need to move to Tahiti!  Sunshine and warm sand under my toes appeals this morning as I sit here trying to work and catching glimpses of the snow falling outside.  This is the sort of day that I want to curl up with a book or a mindless movie, but that's not going to happen.

Why?

Because edits await and they have to be finished today!  That includes adding a scene...a new sex scene my editor thinks is needed.

But, I don't feel sexy!  I feel sleepy.

Still the sex scene will happen.  So that's what I'm off to do.  And I'll leave you with a little snippet from Barely Legal...a re-release from the Cougar Club series that is scheduled to release June 21st.  New edits that expand the story and a new sex scene that needs to be written!  Wish me luck!

A bit of the scene when Corbin and Katherine meet

BARELY LEGAL

After the introductions, Blaine informed him they were joining Monique and her friend. Great. An evening avoiding the wandering hands of a randy older woman whose main conversation was what she wanted to do to him later wasn’t his idea of the perfect way to spend his birthday.

A quiet evening of reading would have suited him more. He didn’t get the chance to indulge in his favorite pastimes much these days. Between his work at the bar and remodeling the houses he bought, his time was limited. These days, diving into a good book or spending hours puttering in the kitchen creating new recipes were a luxury. Yeah, he liked to cook.

When he set the drinks that had been palmed off on him to juggle through the mobbed room onto the table, he didn’t miss the fact that Katherine wasn’t too thrilled to have company. Maybe tonight wouldn’t be as bad as he originally thought. He’d finish his beer and make up some excuse to escape. Hell, he could even tell the truth, he was tired.

No comments: