Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Margaret West delights and educates us today!

I met the delightful Margaret West on Facebook when we became friends. Her history intrigued and delighted me and then when I read her work, I became hooked. I think you will too. If you enjoy paranormal romance, you're in for a treat. Join me in welcoming this talented lady and let's have some great questions for her today!





Born in England, Margaret moved to the Kent countryside five years ago to get away from the busy life in London. She married with two grown up children and has worked in various fields of work. She is a Clairknowing medium, Crystal Therapist, Parapsychologist and Psychic Development tutor.
She’s been writing over 20 years and has numerous short stories, novels and articles published. Margaret writes romance and paranormal novels, incorporating her spiritual experiences into her books.

Blogging.
By Margaret West

WHAT DO YOU BLOG ABOUT?

Why do writers blog? To get noticed, to promote work, to meet new people, publishers, editors...the list is endless. A lot of people say to me they have nothing of interest to say on a blog, so I say, then write about what interests you! A television program, the book you loved or hated. Last and by no means least, your personal struggle with writing a novel. Give a few details of the story you’re working on. It doesn’t matter what you write about the end gain is that you keep readers updated on your professional life, book signs and promotions. Agents, publishers browse blogs. Show them how far you will go to promote your work and yourself.

Remember to keep your blog professional. Don’t fall into the trap of regular personal updates, such as the little brown message your dog left on the lounge floor and how many times you berated your partner that day. Save that for a spin off personal blog that people can visit to learn about you. As an author you do need to come across as real – connect with readers, but don’t become the nag that we all want to leave behind when we write. The golden rule of blogging is...If you have something that would embarrass you or another to talk about, don’t blog it so the world can read about it.
So now we have covered the basics, let’s get started with blogging.

SETTING UP

1. Head over to www.blogger.com and sign up.
2. Follow the prompts and fill in your profile. Take every opportunity to connect with your readers.
3. You will now be sent an activation e-mail. If the email doesn’t arrive go and check the update profile page to ensure your e-mail address is correct. If it’s not, scroll to the bottom of the page to change it.
4. Log in at the top of the page.
5. Click on “My Dashboard” in the menu bar at the top of the page.

POSTS, PAGES, CATEGORIES & TAGS
What are Pages?
These are static pages with your content. You can have as many as you want, and they can be called whatever you like. To make a page, scroll to the Pages drop down on the left menu, and click “add.” It really is as simple as that.

What are Posts?
These are your blog entries. Find the posts menu then click “add new.” Type or paste your writing into the text box. Don’t forget to add a title as this turns into the link you will need to promote the blog post. Scroll down the right menu, and select the categories your post fits—say, writing samples—then hit save if you want to use it another day, or publish to go live.

What are Categories?
Think of these as individual folders in a filing cabinet. It’s an easy way to sort posts and create a handy menu bar. You can use more than one category per post, but do bear in mind that only posts can be categorized.

What are Tags?
This is computer talk for keywords. Tags are used in site searches, and are often listed somewhere on the post. So now you know what to do, what are you waiting for? Get started. Need help? Contact me here
http://www.margaretwest.net/
http://magsx.blogspot.com/
Lots of blogging luck to you.


Blurb for Abigail Cottage



When Abigail falls in love with Justin she can’t begin to know the world of hurt she is heading into. Gorgeous, kind, rich – he’s the man we all dream to meet. BUT, all is not what it seems because Justin is a true demon from hell, disguised as a mortal being. He wants her and will do, kill or maim anyone who tries to stop him. Namely Shaun the real hero, who wants Abigail more! So what does a mortal man do against a demon? He enlists the help of a gypsy of course. But not any old gypsy. Rosa knows Justin very well and has the powers of the spirit world on her side to fight him. Using crystals as a powerful weapon, the light of the spirit world to lead them, they embark on a battle with the whole of the underworld. Many loved ones will lose their lives. This isn’t a book where everyone survives. In real life, bad things happen. In Abigail Cottage, terrible tragedies occur too. Believe... not every story can have a happy ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npsfBb4KnxA

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Margaret,
Great ideas on blogging. You make it sound so easy.
Your new novel is a superb read. Chilling yet romantic. I have chosen it as one of my book picks on my website.
I'm not into blogging yet but I have no doubt I will be one day.
Good luck with the new novel. It's well worth the read folks.

Julie Lynn Hayes said...

Good morning Margaret!

Great blog on blogging! As you know, I'm a newcomer at it, and still in the learning process, but if I can do it, anyone can! I'm actually having fun with it, and even when I think I can't think of anything to say, I find inspiration in the world around me or in my own mind. I still haven't found that Pages thing, though - can you run through that again?

Best of luck with Abigail's Cottage - it's a chilling read indeed and a real pageturner!

Margaret West said...

Hi Lizzie
Thanks for having me here today. You're so kind. xx

Peggy said...

I'm just a reader. Blogging sounds far too energetic for me lol I agree with Lorrie. This book is really good, but you have to be on the ball. you can;t skim this one lol

Skyla Wilde said...

I think I have become a blog stalker for mags ha ha ha
I'm everywhere you are!! Loved this book. It's a bit sad in places. But good. I'd love to see a sequel

Lizzie said...

Thank you for guesting, Margaret. The blurb had me adding Abigail's Cottage to my 'buy' list. Now all these great comments confirm its a "Gotta Have"

Lizzie said...

Thank you for guesting, Margaret. The blurb had me adding Abigail's Cottage to my 'buy' list. Now all these great comments confirm its a "Gotta Have"

Lizzie said...

Thank you for guesting, Margaret. The blurb had me adding Abigail's Cottage to my 'buy' list. Now all these great comments confirm its a "Gotta Have"