Monday, January 25, 2010

Southern Cold

Did you realize multitasking can stress you out? That’s what they said in an article I recently read and if that’s the case, I’m in for one more stressed out week!

You see, we leave Saturday for a trip that takes me further South than I’ve ever been…all the way to Antarctica. No, this is my dream trip. To be honest, I’d never considered it. But when my husband saw a cruise to the region that would fit our budget since we’d have almost two years to save, I said sign me up.

Now, we’re down to the wire and I’m multitasking like mad. In addition to the decisions on what to pack since we cover temperatures from, “holy crap it’s cold” to “where’s my shorts and sunscreen,” there will be a lot of packing.

I admit to being a complete cruise/travel “slut” and while you’re at it, you can add, facials, massages, pedicures…well, you get the picture, to the list. If I’d married a different Bill, as in Bill Gates, I’d probably be indulging every day in one of the afore mentioned. But, I didn’t, so I’ll be happy with the cruise and finding a quiet corner of the ship to work on my latest book.

I do plan to share the adventure, but there have been ships where the internet connection wasn’t the best and my frustration level peaked quickly. So, if you don’t hear from me for the next few weeks, you’ll know I’m floating. And you can be positive I'm having a great time!

Lizzie

2 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Lizzie said...

If I can find the charger for my camera, I'll attempt to post pictures! That is if the ship's internet stays up.