Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday's Dream - San Francisco


Today's location is closer to home...The City by the Bay...San Francisco!
The first time I went to San Francisco I feel in love with the city. A day tour guide shared the history of the city as the bus huffed and groaned its way up the steep hills and around the sharp curves on Lombard Street. Given the size of the beast, there were moments when I wasn’t sure we’d make some of the curves.
Loved hanging around the wharf area, riding the trolley, checking out Haight-Ashbury, the Golden Gate Park and the miles of walking up steep hills.  And the food alone was definitely worth the trip. But my favorite neighborhood was Chinatown. 
Poking around in small shops that offered up interesting and unusual items consumed lots of hours and left me wanting to go back again.  Lunch at a dim sum restaurant was a new experience for me at the time, but the fun of selecting little bites of yumminess is something I still enjoy.
There are places I’ve been that I don’t care to return and others that I’d go back to in a heartbeat. Yes, San Francisco is on my return list!
Since I’m still trying to figure out how to post pictures around the changes made by Blogger I’m sharing a link to pictures of the city.  Enjoy!

 NOOK QUESTION:  What is the new title for the Struck by Lightning revision?  Don't forget...email your answer to lizzietleaf(at)comcast(dot)net

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

What a lovely looking city. I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. though my knees are not happy about hills ;)