by Sara Daniel
I created this flavorful recipe in celebration of my new series One Night with the Bridal Party. This is the perfect dessert for a bridal shower or post-wedding brunch. It's also delicious with a cup of tea and a good book.
Pound Cake with Fresh Strawberries
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flour
Fresh Strawberries – sliced
Preheat oven to at 325° F. Grease and flour a 9 X 5 loaf pan.
Beat butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
Add sugar to butter, a bit at a time, beating on medium/high for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating for one minute after each egg, and scraping the bowl. Add vanilla and beat for another minute.
Gradually add nutmeg, baking powder, and flour, beat on low/medium until just combined.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour.
Cool and slice. Serve with fresh strawberries.
Here's a little about my One Night with the Bridal Party series. http://saradanielromance.blogspot.com/p/buy-links.html
Whether the one-night stand occurs a week before their scheduled wedding or seven years later, meet six couples for whom one night will turn a fairy tale wedding from a mistake into a happily ever after.
1. One Night with the Bride http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLVLJII/?tag=sardanromaut-20
2. One Night with the Bridesmaid http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HMTDD74/?tag=sardanromaut-20
3. One Night with the Groom http://www.amazon.com/One-Night-Groom-1Night-Stand-ebook/dp/B00K1M5DCW/?tag=sardanromaut-20
4. One Night with the Best Man http://www.amazon.com/One-Night-Best-1Night-Stand-ebook/dp/B00W3QR4BC/?tag=sardanromaut-20
5. One Night with Her Husband http://www.amazon.com/One-Night-Husband-1Night-Stand-ebook/dp/B00XD01NT6/?tag=sardanromaut-20
6. One Night with His Wife (coming 6/12/15)
To read excerpts from more books by Sara Daniel please click a vendor's name
Barns and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=ebook&keyword=sara+daniel
Book Strand http://www.bookstrand.com/sara-daniel
Sara Daniel writes what she loves to read—irresistible romance, from sweet to erotic and everything in between. She battles a serious NASCAR addiction, was once a landlord of two uninvited squirrels, and loses her car keys several times a day.
Learn more about Sara on her website http://www.saradaniel.com and blog http://saradanielromance.blogspot.com. Subscribe to Sara’s newsletter http://eepurl.com/rx_AL.