Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Instead of a travel adventure today, I agreed to be on this blog hop. 

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them. I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to five other authors you can explore!
 


Emerging Magic is the latest release in the Magical Love series is a followup to the AOE Winner, Beyond Magic.
 

Against her will, the Cailleach puts into play the magic to unite another pair of soul mates. 

Loneliness drives Cori Sparks to chocolate. The fledging witch's desolation also compels her to attempt using her emerging magic in the quest for love. Unsuccessful, she turns to a dating website and discovers what may be her perfect match.

Rob Vesha is tired of the money hungry women he meets. Given his gene pool he doesn't think the real 'him' would excite them as much, but he can't share enough to find out for sure. On impulse he turns to the internet and discovers Cori.

Can their love survive his family reunion in Transylvania?




My gratitude to fellow author, Nicole Morgan, for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following links to learn more about Nicole and her books.

Nicole’s site:
http://nicolemorgan1.webs.com/  

In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our current book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek). We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book?
I’m currently working on Nordic Heat.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

Nordic Heat (new title) is a revised and expanded version of an old novel that I received the rights back.  Always thought there should be another POV and now I get make it happen.

3: What genre does your book come under?

Erotic Romance/ Paranormal

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I really haven’t thought about that.  Right now my main focus is getting the revisions and additional scenes completed.  If I have to chose right now, maybe the guy who played Thor in the movie...foreget his name, but he's hot.

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Sparks fly when hot Nordic god clashes with hard-headed mortal weather forecaster.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

Probably will self-publish.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

The original book was written so long ago that I don’t remember exactly.  I think it was around 3 months.  It has taken longer on the revisions than I anticipated, but life stuff happens and you just have to work around that.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I’m not sure.  The books I’ve read recently have been historical and YA.  I’m not sure what Paranormal to compare this one to.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

A former publisher created the original series, but the publishing house didn’t make it.  That is another reason I’m doing so many revisions, to take it out of their series and make it my own.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

If readers like strong women and hot men combined with humor and heat, Nordic Heat could be their cup of tea.

Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books! Happy Writing and Reading!

Sam Cheever
http://www.samcheever.com/

M.L. Guida
http://www.mlguida.com/

Hillary Seidl
http://www.hillaryseidl.com/Home_Page.php

 

4 comments:

Sloane Taylor said...

Cool, Lizzie! Emerging Magic sounds like the perfect read for a cold winter's night.:)

Rita Monette, Writer said...

Sounds like a great book, Lizzie. Hope you get lots of folks hopping by today!

Lizzie said...

Thank you, ladies!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Cool post, Lizzie!