Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Update & NOOK CONTEST still going!


Today in the life of Lizzie—exhaustion, That's what happens when you wake up in the middle of the night and never get back to sleep.  Focusing on the positive though, I worked through an issue on my revisions for Nordic Heat. 
I became so obsessed that once the Honey was out the door, I plopped my butt at the computer.  The new ideas required the need to go back and do a lot of rewriting/adding for one of the new scenes I wrote last week.  Hated that scene and now I know why.  With all the tweaks, I will rewrite the scene and I think the flow will be much better.  I know the character interaction is more to my liking.
Here’s a little tidbit from the scene I had to revise so the added one would work.  This area didn’t get as much revision as some spots.
TIDBIT
Her brother shook his head and laughed.  “So, did you just make out?”
“No, we went beyond making out.  We did the deed.”  Isabella bit her bottom lip to stop the tremble.  “There in the elevator while waiting to be rescued.”  She buried her head in her folded arms and hoped the floor would open up allowing her to slide out of sight.
 “Boy, Sis.  You know how to fuck up worse than me.  What the hell were you thinking?” Gino shook his head, the furrow between his brows deepening.   “You know they have security cameras everywhere now.” 
***

Fingers crossed I’ll be done with this by next week!

NOOK QUESTION OF THE DAY:

From last Wednesday’s blog, what did I say was my favorite neighborhood in San Francisco?

Email answer to lizzietleaf(at)comcast(dot)net  

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love this excerpt! Sweet! ;)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Ha, ha, that's great, Lizzie. So want to read the whole story now!