Friday, April 27, 2012

Book Friday - Lisa Greer's March Release

I read a lot of Gothic novels in my younger years, but drifted away from the genre.  The recent trailers blasted all over television for the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton's take on Dark Shadows made me think I needed to go back to a genre I enjoyed so much.  To that end I've kicked off my revisit of Gothic novels with Lisa Greer's Secrets of Summerspelle and I'm losing sleep from the need to see what happens next.  Now I get to blame Lisa for my sleep depirvation!


Can Ezra English and Jane Wintersmith break the curse from the past that shadows Summerspelle and find love?
After finishing her graduate degree in history, 24 year old Jane Wintersmith travels to her Alabama cousin’s family estate, Summerspelle. She relishes the opportunity for summer employment and archival work, and she meets Linton Collins, a budding local photographer who helps take her mind off a failed love affair. A find in the cupola room of the house unleashes an old secret of rage and obsession that threatens to destroy Jane even as it binds her to Ezra English, a handsome but troubled local professor of history.

The passion between her and Ezra is frightening, and Jane wonders if it is real or only linked to the house. Jane must tease out the difference between love and obsession if she is going to find happiness and put the past to rest with Ezra’s help.

Available from:
Musa Publishing
Amazon US
Amazon UK

No comments: