Glazed Applesauce Donuts
| || |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (substituted 2 TBS butter & 3 TBS olive oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (didn't pack the brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup sugar (substituted 1/4 cup + TBS Agava syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce (next time will increase applesauce...wheat flour made thicker)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (substituted 1 cup wheat flour on one of these)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (next time will increase the cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar. Beat in eggs. Beat in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Blend well.
- Fill each cooking reservoir with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake about 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Place donuts on wire rack to cool.
Made up a thin glaze of powdered sugar & milk then dipped top of donuts and let dry on cooling rack for most. Tried dusting of powdered sugar on some and I liked it better...not as sweet.
Not the world's healthiest snack/breakfast, but the changes help a little and for donut lovers could be a better optition.