And we're lucky that one lucky U.S. winner will receive a copy of Demon's are a Girl's Best Friend. So make sure to leave a comment to get entered into the drawing!!!
Writing and Cooking
First off, thank you so much gorgeous Lizzie for having me here today to share one of my favorite recipes. Surprisingly, it’s not chocolate. Trust me, that’s very rare for me.
Every Monday I sit down with my houseman, Eric. He prepares these gorgeous chocolate filled croissants that pairs beautifully with my latte while we discuss the week’s menus. I gaze into his beautiful blue eyes and …
Hmm, I did say I write fiction, didn’t I?
I don’t consider myself a true cook. I love to bake, hate to cook. But the family can’t survive on baked goods alone. I tend to look for fairly easy recipes. Anything that sounds really good and doesn’t require time where I might be writing or reading during prep time and something could burn or turn to charcoal or, well, if there’s anything worse, it could happen.
It’s so easy to lose myself in a magickal world that it’s amazing the smoke alarm doesn’t go off more often.
The crock pot is a favorite appliance in my kitchen. I can throw anything and everything in there, do some experimenting with herbs and spices and always come up with something new.
One recipe I found at a favorite site called www.allrecipes.com is Orange Juice Chicken. I love citrus mixed with chicken or pork and this one sounded so good I had to try it. I also learned something new. There was no reason why I could do this in the crock pot. Five hours of cooking time and I had the same thing. For something extra I added a few spoonfuls of orange marmalade. And sometime I plan to try it with lemon or lime.
If you like citrus, I hope you’ll give it a try since it is a great idea for summer.
And if you need some reading material, you can find me at Amazon and BN with a nice variety of books including some of my backlist books as ebooks and more coming. Come visit me at www.lindawisdom.com
A lucky commenter, US only please, will receive a copy of Demons Are A Girl’s Best Friend.
But tell me. Have you ever had a cooking disaster? Such as forget to turn the crock pot on until you discovered that there weren’t any good cooking smells? I couldn’t even blame it on writing or a reading. Just me not thinking. So tell me about yours so I don’t feel alone.
And here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Orange Juice Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread mustard evenly over the chicken and sprinkle with chopped onion. Coat lightly with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and pour in enough orange juice to cover chicken. Add butter on top.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, then remove leftover sauce from baking dish and pour into a saucepan. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and return to oven.
4. Whisk flour into sauce in saucepan. Add any leftover orange juice and heat on high until the sauce thickens. Remove chicken from oven and place on a serving dish; pour sauce over the chicken or into a gravy boat, and serve.
"Passion, danger, and outrageous antics...sure to satisfy."
-RT Book Reviews
A bewitching woman on a mission...
Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer-that is, until she's assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and plenty of Mayan enemies. Maggie's never going to survive this assignment without the help of a half-fire demon who makes her smolder...
A hotter-than-sin hero with an agenda...
Declan is proprietor of an underground club and busy demon portal. No way he'll allow his demon race to be blamed for the malicious acts of some crazy evil Mayans. But he's already got his hands full when the sexy witch offers him a challenge he can't refuse...