Sorry I'm such a slug at getting blogs up the past few weeks. Since we got back from Disney World, life has been one exciting adventure after another. But I won't bore you with that! I will get up some pictures from Disney in the next week or two, along with a commentary. Safe to say, even though I thought I'd melt, it was a great trip for all!
Now for today's recipe. I'm making this one tonight. Decided wanted salmon with a little umph to it this week.
Pecan Crusted Salmon
• 4 small salmon fillets (1 lb.)
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
• 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
• 1/2 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Brush flesh side of salmon with dressing; press into pecans until evenly coated. Place, pecan-sides up, on foil-covered baking sheet.
2. Bake 13 to 15 minute or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese spread and wine in small saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Cook on medium-low heat 3 to 5 minute or until cream cheese spread is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
4. Spoon cream cheese sauce evenly onto four serving plates; top with salmon. Sprinkle with parsley.